Friday, March 23, 2012

Guest Post - Lindsey Pinkowsky of Pinklet + C

Today is our Very 1st Guest Post, by the lovely Lindsey Pinkowsky of Pinklet + C! I couldn't resist asking Lindsey to share some of her recent obsessions with us, as they are right in line with what I have been crazy for.. Yellow! She is sharing some of her faves with us.. Have a look!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Hi everyone!  Great to be over here at Elle Design Studio! 

I have been seriously swooning over the grey and yellow color combo for quite some time. Whether it's light grey, or dark, neon yellow, or muted, I'm always drawn to it. I  think of grey as a neutral (my favorite neutral!) and the yellow is a perfect complement, adding freshness and warmth.

My favorite way to style it would be to use different levels of grey, add in white  and some brighter yellow accessories.  It can be chic and sophisticated, airy and warm all at the same time!

Here are some great inspirations...

The love the black used here.  If you decide to add in some black, use the yellow more sparingly to avoid overload!


Looks perfect with some pale neutrals!


Simple touches in a kitchen help keep it from being bland.


This is by far my favorite!


This room has a great use of the white incorporated in.  The pale yellow is perfect in a nursery.


I love this yellow couch!  It definitely makes a bold statement, but the grey and wood coffee table help to balance it out.


I’m loving this yellow chaise.  The wallpaper is a great added touch to tie everything together.


Thanks again to Elle for asking me to do a Guest Post. 
What an honor to be on her site!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Thank YOU Lindsey!
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment